Saturday, February 23, 2013

Slush




 Usually once every Winter we get a slushy mixture of rain and snow here at Girasole Farm.
We live in a valley surrounded by mountains that are covered with snow for the most part of Winter. 
It's nice to have the feel of snow in the air, yet not have all the work that comes along with it. 
Although, I wish it would snow just a tad bit more, but when you're at a sea level of about 200 feet, that rarely happens. 
Never the less everyone gets excited about slush.
On Tuesday we had slushy weather. 

Oh how my friends from the 'real' mountains, where you get real snow, must be laughing right about now! 


The following morning everything was frozen


and cold...


and CRUNCHY...


and if I closed my eyes while walking out to the barn, I could imagine there was real snow.

We're back to sunshine this morning.
I'm not sure what I'm doing today.
I had the sutures in my hand removed on Wednesday, so am pretty much back to normal.
Yeah- a working thumb!

Whatever kind of day you have, I hope it's a good one.

The Girasole Lady

3 comments:

  1. Burrr it looked cold Becka!!! Nice seeing you at Tractor Supply the other day and I am so happy your hand is doing better. Got to have those hands working to make those cute aprons that you do and to do some weeding in your beautiful gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your slush! It does look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys got more than I did, we only got about a minute of hail in town. Sometimes I think snow would be fun too but then I remember how much hard work it is and I'm glad we don't get snow after all. A visit once in a while is good for me. :) - Beth

    ReplyDelete