Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February Sunshine

Typically during the month of February there is always a 'spring-like' week. 

It's filled with warm temperatures and lots of sunshine.

During last week, and so far this week, I have spent many of the days outside.
A little gardening, and pitter patting around, enjoying the fresh air and warmth of the sun.

The sun shines through the windows in the morning
 I love the way it casts shadows.

 Everyone enjoys the warmth of the sun
 the kitties and the horses.

Wyatt (red horse)  and Wiley (black horse)  had both been laying down in the sun that was streaming into the barn stalls, Wiley got up as soon as I wanted to take a picture of him.
The horses are all Wintery looking.
I remember the days when we used to show horses, always kept them blanketed, keeping lights on out at the barn so they wouldn't grow that long Winter coat.
Now we just have regular old horses, no blankets, no lights.

The sun peeking into the Hay stall.



Implements waiting to work the ground in the Spring.

Birds nest from last Spring & Summer.

I've been looking at seed catalogs & reading my gardening books.
Planning out the Summer garden.
The days are getting just a tad bit longer now.
This afternoon I went out to trim and working up a flower bed, clean the front porch, clean the barn, and when I came in for the evening it was almost 6 O'Clock.

We're expecting some rain by Thursday, back to Winter.

I've been not so much at the computer, and am very behind on catching up with my bloggy friends.
I'll get there...


The Girasole Lady

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. We, on the other hand, were given a taste of the coming autumn the other morning - it was very cool and I thought about putting a jacket on! It didn't last the day however, & now we're back to Summer weather!

    Have a lovely day,
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are a breath of fresh air Becka !
    No sushine here...overcast and snowing every few hours for a few days now.
    Your picutres bring hope of the warmer days that are on their way. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed that - we're still in the dark depths of winter here (and hoping for an early spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I know what you mean about February - it tricks you LOL Today is sunny and feels like a spring day here also. But I know that rain is supposed to start in a day or so and it will get cold again. I'm sooooooooo ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my Dear! I've come to you from The "Grow Your Blog" party...it was over before I knew about it, but it was so nice of Vicki to leave the list up! Anyway, I always welcome new blogs to enjoy, and yours is delightful! I am now following you ~ please come and visit me if you get a chance!
    So nice to "meet" you!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had sun streaming in through the windows all week. Just like your horses I spent an hour on the bed one day, just laying in it. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This аrtіcle is in fact a plеasant one
    it helps nеw іnternet рeople, who are wishіng for blοgging.


    Mу web ρаge :: used bucket truck

    ReplyDelete