Sunday, January 13, 2013

Unmotivated

                                      I wish I could say that I was productive this past week. 
I'm not really sure why, but for the better part of the week I was totally unmotivated. 
I had plenty of time, and opportunity, to get busy.
I just didn't. 

I managed to pin together the strips for the the quilt I am working on,
and that's about all I got done. 


I failed at having early dinners, except for two of the days.
I hardly even cooked at all this week.
I am pretty sure caveman was disappointed, even though he doesn't say so. 

I spent November and December gathering up new hopes, anticipation, making Holiday plans,  
being surrounded by my family and friends. 
Moving from the lights and glitter of Christmas into the January bitterness of Winter,
the cold, and barren landscape. 

Left over corn in the garden that never got the attention it needed after the gardening season. 


Freezing temperatures....
this hose normally keeps a slow drip,
but this morning was frozen solid. 

I have a Susan Branch calendar hanging in my kitchen. 
I've had her calendars hanging in my kitchen for as long as I can remember. 


They just make me feel good.

'Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth,
for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:
it is the time for home'
-Edith Sitwell

The Girasole Lady

4 comments:

  1. It's okay to have a "do nothing" week or two !
    You slowed down and noticed the beauty of the outdoors...as seen in your pictures.
    Your Susan Branch calendar is lovely.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Becka, You know why you feel the way you do....it is because after the hustle and bustle of Christmas, January appears a little flat. Give yourself time and you will be sewing your quilt together. Actually I think you should give yourself credit for cutting and pinning the strips of material. What's the saying about Rome...oh yes "Rome wasn't built in a day". Give yourself the treat of doing nothing.......until your ready to be busy again.
    Have a lovely evening
    Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becka: I think our bodies tell us they need a little R&R, quiet time, relaxing time to revitalize and rejuvenate. As with nature, they are resting too!!! You are used to all those years raising your family, working, being so busy, that having a week of rest seems like you are slacking!!! You are not-enjoy this time, you earned it. You will be doing double time before you know it.

    ReplyDelete