Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pie's & Pickles

Seems the temperature has been cooling down just a tad bit, we're in the mid to high 90's. While not always feeling quite cool enough, it certainly is much cooler than in the past couple of weeks.
In light of that, I'm feeling a little more like myself again.

A trip to Saturday's Farmer's Market found me some blackberries for a nice pie.


Picked some cucumbers from the garden and put them up to pickle...

I've tried several pickling recipe's and wasn't happy with the outcome.
Last year I tried a package mix of Mrs. Wages and LOVED it! 
It's easy and delicious.

I'm enjoying the coolness, especially in the early morning when I spend most of my time outside in the gardens. I have lots of zucchini and think I'll be making some zucchini bread today.
It's a good day.
The Girasole Lady

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on posts this fine Sunday. Your Blackberry pie looks amazingly delicious. Perhaps one day, I'll try baking something other than a Pumpkin pie! Good looking pickles too.

    ReplyDelete