Sunday, June 3, 2012

Late Gardening


Finally, last night we started on the Summer Garden. We had several delays, due to out of town family guests. Family always comes first, and visiting was more of a priority.

(Caveman and Kristina)
May seems to always be a busy month for us, next year we will plant late April or earlier in May.
Kristina and Beth both came out to lend a helping hand. 

We started with the Tomato plants from the Green House...
and some Eisley Peppers

(Caveman and Beth) 
We won't be planting the seeds for another week, because I am headed out of town on the 8th for the weekend. I'm going to my sister, Jen's, in the Bay Area, for a family visit with my sis and brother. 
I don't get to leave town very often, so I am really looking forward to the trip. 
I've accepted the fact that I will just have a late garden this Summer. 
June 5th is the Strawberry Moon. 
According to the 'Farmer's Almanac' 
The Algonquin tribes knew this Moon as a time to gather ripening strawberries. 

Yesterday morning we took our first trip to our local Farmer's Market. 
I picked up Yummy blackberries (for a pie), strawberries, zucchini, peaches, nectarines, and cherries. 
Our Farmer's Market is small and filled with the goodness of local produce. I'm looking forward to more Saturday mornings at the market. 

“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” 
― Henry James

The Girasole Lady

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. Your garden is huge! And with a lovely view too. Looks like you received some great help. I'm with you on prioritizing time with family over anything. It's always special to be with those dearest to us. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so dad and I have the same posture! I must stand up straighter!

    ReplyDelete