Sunday, May 6, 2012

Random

RANDOM- it's what I'm feeling right now.
Apparently I'm not able to focus on just one thing.
I love blogging, and I love reading other blogs. It's inspiring, interesting, and fun.
Several of the blogs I follow focus on particular things, like farming, gardening, quilting, sewing, photography, decorating, painting, and.... I think you get the picture.
Me... I'm all over the place. In the beginning Girasole Farm was meant to focus on farming, particularly Community Supported Agriculture. I soon realized I couldn't just put that out as the only thing I do, because... well, it just wouldn't be me. Sure, it's a big part of my life, but certainly not all.
I love farming and gardening, but I also love about a gazillion other things.
 2011 SUMMER VEGGIE GARDEN

 For a LONG time I have been reading about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, I first heard about this paint at Miss Mustard Seed blog. When I went to Roses and Rust Vintage Fair last month, I happened upon a booth actually demonstrating the paint. I was so excited! I was even more excited to learn that a wonderful gal, Melony, carried the Chalk Paint in her booth, Well Worn, located in Chico at 8th & Main Antiques.              

Yes indeed, I hurried myself right on over there to get the paint and wax. I have the perfect dresser for this paint. I can hardly wait to get started.
I'm also planning on using some to make a Farmer's Market sign. This project idea comes from 
She also has a great tutorial on making "Old" Signs

I'm ready...

I made a Journal this week...
I'm a Stampin UP!  Demonstrator. I'm fairly new at stamping and paper crafting. I hosted my first Stampin UP! workshop last November, and have been hooked ever since. If you're interested and/or would like to learn more about Stampin UP!  please feel free to contact me. It's really fun and I'd be happy to share.

 Then there's two horses and a horse barn. 
Riding Arena (not too much of that going on these days)
The Eucalyptus trees were not intentionally planted here by the arena, they just volunteered. 
They even picked a perfect spot! 

The Egg Basket is filling in nicely. 







Succulents are interesting...   

The orchard is coming along too.
I fertilized all the trees right before the last rain. 
  PEARS
NECTARINES
PLUMS
MEYER LEMONS
    POMEGRANATES
ORANGES


There will be Apples and Cherries too. 

The Tomatoes are getting ready in the Green House to be put into the Summer garden. 


                   This is where we plant the Summer garden. 
The sun is setting, which means it's time to head on out to the barn and feed the horses. 
              
Who knows what random things will happen this week.
1. Sign?
2. Apron?
The Girasole Lady
p.s. I almost forgot.... I've been searching for a full size apron pattern that I like and is functional, but have been unsuccessful. 
At 4 o'clock this morning, I wasn't able to sleep, but came up with a great idea in my head. Jumped out of bed at 5AM to sketch it out in paper. I'm going to try my hardest to get going on that this week as well. 
Random.....

2 comments:

  1. I love all your fruit trees. Plus, it's great reading your blog with all your different interests. Everything looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh full size apron. Can't wait to see what you have come up with! :) Love you mom.

    ReplyDelete