Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lessons of 2011- Part Two

July-Started with Peach Jam


It ended with Babies
and heartache
Mia Lyann Edwards
July 31, 2011

August-
Brought emotions never before experienced by our family. Mia was so very, very, sick. Thoughts of hope and despair lived in every single minute of our lives, especially those of Tonya and Ryan.
I prayed, I cried, I hurt more than I have ever known. Never in my life had I felt so helpless.

Laci stayed with us while her mommy and daddy were at the hospital with Mia.
I tried my hardest to keep the world she knew as stable as possible.


A healthy Mia came home on the 25th of August.

September-
We started getting back to normal things, like canning tomatoes.


October-
Fall arrived


Mia was getting more beautiful and stronger every day
(3 months)
and every time I look at her I am reminded that life is precious and never to be taken for granted.

November & December-
The days were filled with family, baking, crafting, sewing, shopping and Holiday fun.
At Thanksgiving we shared stories of the past and dreams of the future.
At Christmas we shared the joy of watching our children, all grown, who have created their own little lives. On Christmas morning I looked around and saw the past, the present and the future, right here in my little home.
The Grand Babies- December 2011

The Girasole Lady

2 comments:

  1. That picture of Laci with the sunflower gets me everytime. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Isn't it amazing all the things that can happen in just one year. It's a good thing this crazy ass family is always there for each other. :)

    ReplyDelete