Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21st: A Personal Story

I believe that everyone has a story to tell, including myself.
In another time I would have been a writer and a traveler, had life afforded different opportunities.
Never the less I am a fulfilled, content woman.
I have staked a beautiful lot in life.

A very long time ago I suffered a devastating emotional accident.
Just like a physical accident, I never saw it coming, not even for a second. Suddenly I found my world, and myself, shattered into pieces.
Unlike a physical accident, there was no evidence of painful wounds or debilitating handicaps. There was no tangible way for others to see the pain inside. My external appearance was illusive to the destruction taking place inside my spirit and soul.

Only those who were closest and dearest to me could see the crumbled woman.
They stood by my side every moment, until little by little, I put the pieces back together and restored both my heart and my spirit. I filled up with a new spirit and sense of who I am, and who I wanted to be.

Moving forward....
I am recovered. I am not the same. I am different.
That experience set in stone my belief that everyone has a story to tell. You can see what you want on the outside, but there is more inside, stories waiting to be told. Unless they are told, perhaps one would ever know.

"Remember that everyone you meet is afraid of something, loves something, and has lost something"
The Girasole Lady

2 comments:

  1. I have a simler story.I cant get my heart to heal from it..I just thank God for my girls..Thank for the share..

    Georgette

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete