Monday, October 3, 2011

Cookbook Obsession

I'm just a wee bit obsessed with cookbooks, ok maybe more than just a bit.  
Recently, I added a few new cookbooks, to my already bulging cabinet.
With these...
and this...

and this...

 I'm very particular about the books I choose. Great food pictures are a must. I like them to contain stories about family and food.
I really do actually use them, and read the stories.
On Saturday
I made Flat Apple Pie from the Pioneer Woman Cookbook:

p.s. I also made the PW Perfect Pot Roast for dinner.
MY SPECIAL HELPER ♥ for the crust.

Mixing up the apples.

Yummy!
Sunday we made Lemon Meringue Pie:
Cud'n Ferland's Lemon Meringue Pie
(from the Sweet's Book)

I love the stories in this book.

Yummy too!
On Sunday I will be heading to Williams-Sonoma for a cooking class on stews.
Maybe I'll even bring home a new cookbook!

*Mia is doing wonderful at 2 months old. Click on her name for her 2 month update*
The Girasole Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment