Friday, May 13, 2011

May Days

When I first created the Girasole Farm Blog I intended for it to be all "business", the business of farming and gardening. Farming, planting and gardening would mean nothing to me, if not shared by my loving family and friends.


Someone wrote- (can't remember who)
"There are two things in life.
Your life and your work
Don't ever confuse the two
The second is only part of the first."

I considered nurturing another blog for the more personal, intimate details of me, The Girasole Lady. Because really, life isn't always about gardening and farming. I am a Wife, Mother, Grammy, Daughter, Sister, Aunt and a friend. From time to time, I want to share all of myself, even the parts that make me frustrated, sad, or angry. Everything that makes me complete in who I am.

With that being said... May is busy, really busy, and not with gardening. May is full with family, weddings, babies and life changes.
Weddings...Kristina (my girl # 2) is getting married next Saturday. This is my second daughter to get married. Tonya (my girl # 1) married in June 2008. (I have 3 daughters, Beth is my girl #3)
Babies...Tonya is having baby # 2 in August this year. A baby sister for Laci.

A life change...My daily routine no longer consists of leaving for the "office". There are numerous reasons for this change, let's just say my hands do not work the way they used to in younger years. Time has come for me to take care of myself, really good care. Don't feel sorry for me, I am not totally debilitated, just hindered. I am happy and content just the way I am.

Gardening is on hold until after the wedding. The plan is to plant Memorial Day weekend. I have most of my seeds, tomato and pepper plants. The garden has been plowed up and is just waiting for me. Right now I am enjoying a happy heart and a peaceful soul.

Thank you, my 13 followers of this blog, and others that may peek from time to time. If there is something I can do for you, please let me know.

"Remember that everyone you meet
is afraid of something,
loves something,
and has lost something."
The Girasole Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment