Sunday, April 24, 2011

Choosing A Name

One of the first things I needed to do in materializing Girasole Farm was to choose a name. I wanted a name that said something about the dream I was creating, and who I felt as a person. Something welcoming and smiling. Something that reaches out to you and invites you in for a visit. Something strong, sturdy, and easily recognizable to the eye.

I had these incredible Sunflowers growing in the garden by the house.


A  GIGANTIC forest of Sunflowers were out by the vegetable garden too.
See me in the forest.....
I knew this was the flower that most represented the Farm and myself.
I thought to myself "Sunflower Farm", that speaks the language of a happy heart.
But there was something lacking in the title, something whimsical and magical.
I searched other languages for Sunflower.

There in Italian was the magical word Girasole.
(My brother-in-law & sister-in-law recently came back from a month long trip to Italy and brought me these Italian Girasole seeds) 
It's a perfect name for Girasole Farm!
The Girasole Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment